February 5-6, 2019
Sheraton Arlington • Arlington, TX
Join us in Arlington, Texas for SMA’s 11th Annual Mid-Year Conference, “Succeeding in Challenging Times.” This is a unique educational opportunity for meat/food industry executives and managers at all levels, featuring leading experts on a wide range of topics. The combination of excellent speakers and audience interaction will cover many issues that affect your business. This conference has become a “must attend” for many industry leaders and one that you cannot afford to miss. In addition to the excellent speaker program, the conference features a Suppliers’ Reception, offering a fun and relaxing opportunity to network with your industry colleagues.
February 5 – Tuesday
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM – General Session
- Reflections & Foresights: Where Our Industry’s Headed – Barry Carpenter, NAMI and USDA/AMS Retired
- Panel Discussion: FSIS Appendix A&B Issues and Opportunities – Jody Swaim, OFW Law; Jeremiah Johnson, Hormel Foods; Jeff Sindelar, University of Wisconsin
- FSIS Modernization – Carmen Rottenberg, Acting Undersecretary for Food Safety, USDA/FSIS
- Food Safety System Validation – Jody Swaim, OFW Law
- FSIS Dallas District Roundtable – Dr. Jennifer Beasley-McKean, USDA/FSIS
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM – Suppliers’ Reception
February 6 – Wednesday
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM – General Session
- Ag Commodity and Protein Outlook – Dr. David Anderson, Texas A&M University
- Workplace Issues Update – David Barron, Cozen O’Connor
- Labor Challenges Facing Processors – Misty Wilson Borkowski, Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon & Galchus, P.C.
- Foreign Material Best Practices – Dr. Barbara Masters, Keystone Foods
- Legislative Update – Samantha Beard, OFW Law
Reservations should be made directly with the Sheraton Arlington by calling 800-442-7275. Ask for the Southwest Meat Association room block to receive the special room rate of $145 per night. Reserve your room early, as the deadline for reservations is 1/11/19. The hotel is located at 1500 Convention Center Drive, Arlington, TX 76011. Directions to the hotel and more information are available on the hotel website at http://www.sheratonarlingtonhotel.com/.
Air Travel and Transportation
The Sheraton Arlington is convenient to DFW airport and offers a complimentary shuttle for hotel guests, 6:30 AM – 9:30 PM; 7 days a week, with advance notice. Major car rental agencies and taxis are also available for transportation to the hotel.
Attire is business casual.
On Site Registration Hours*
- Tuesday 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
*On site registrations will incur a $50 late fee
Requests received by 1/7/19 will be fully refunded. Requests received on 1/8/19 or later will be refunded 50% of registration fee. Refunds will not be issued after 1/30/19.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.